Sunday, June 5, 2011

Through the years

In high school I had no labels, I wanst the most popular girl in school but I wasnt invisible either. I got along with everyone, had lots of friends (I was friends with everyone, no matter their "label"), I use to be in the volleyball team and I really have fond memories of my high school years. Sifting through my stuff I found this letter, it was from one of my friends, he use to type a letter each week and give it to some of the people he knew. I wish I had kept all of them, but at least one made it through the years...and this is what it said exactly in his words:
Hey Remember me? I´m that guy, you know. Well you probably won´t admit to knowing me but you do. I´m destroyed every day by look people give me. Reopen wounds from love, make my heart bleed. Life seems meaningless. Yes I´ve told you this before but it seems to get worse every day. What does life do to those people who expect every little thing? Life destroys my feelings and my soul. How do I live on in my weakened condition? I don´t understand how my life can be so messed up. I don´t realize thing until it´s too late. Why, why do I suffer? Why do I have this pain? You don´t know this but every night I come home I cry. I cry for all the people like me and the things the put up with to save face. I am not doing it anymore. I put make up on my face  and I act and dress crazy because that´s who I am. That´s how I see myself. An outsider looking in on all those pretty little dolls. The people who do all the things people expect thm to do. Not me not anymore. These feelings burn inside me as if they are burning in my flesh. Kiling me and my life.
I am not normal but who is. We are all people but we are all different. So there is no normal. Destroy my life and destroy my feelings but you´ll never destroy my hopes and dreams. You´ll never destroy me as a person. I´ll stand tall as long as I have to in order to live out my life for what I believe in.You´ll never kill me, only I can do that.

                                               Jacob  ---> ( I didnt use his real name)

Now as I look back and read this letter I ask myself what did I do for him? Was I nice enough? Did Ihelp him in some way? I sure hope I did! Back then I was so busy being a teen and all that goes along with that, but sure hope I was in some way good to him. I hope to find him someday! If you are still in school please be nice to everyone!

Happy reading,
happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi you´ve just read Jennifer Papps´post, please leave your name and comment after the click..... "CLICK!"
Thank you for coming and I´ll answer your comment as soon as possible :)