Saturday, July 23, 2011

Doesn´t this move you?!

Sitting in my car waiting for my husband to buy his so wanted car radio, I saw something very moving happening outside. It´s a cold saturday morning and this man is out with his 3 little girls collecting recyclables. Before I tell you about this scene that I so happen to witness, I need to explain something; here in Brazil there are many people who go out collecting recyclabes they have this wagon/cart they use to put it all, they  litterally pull wagons/carts all day despite the weather in order to feed their families.


This is what I´m talking about, here they call them "catadores."
This is not the picture of the man I´m talking about.
 Well now you can better understand why this was so moving to me. This is what I saw.... The man parks his wagon on the side of the street so he can collect the recyclables people have left out, his three little girls run into this bakery to ask for food, and they come out empty handed. The girls are about 8, 6 and 3 they are wearing clothes that they have long outgrown  (and it is cold!) Their father  hold their hands to cross the street, the youngest two go with him and the oldest one stays behind with the cart. She picks up this blue dress; that I assume someone gave her, and with the biggest smile she puts the dress in front of her little 8 year old body and she dances with joy, she was litterally dancing. A worker from the bakery comes out and gives her a bag with 3 sandwiches. When the father comes back the oldest girl hand each of her sisters a sandwich (she had some trouble handing the sandwich because their dog wanted to grab it from her hand.) The youngest girl tries to give her father a piece and he refuses, but after much persistence he finally takes a little bite of the sandwich. The father starts pulling the wagon and they leave that street.

The whole time the girls had smiles on their faces, as sad I as I was to see them it was when I looked at their father that my heart broke. I could see the pain in his face...all I could see was pain....and of course the love and care he had for his children. Yes it was the love he had for them that made him suffer. Every parent want whats best for their children.....

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi you´ve just read Jennifer Papps´post, please leave your name and comment after the click..... "CLICK!"
Thank you for coming and I´ll answer your comment as soon as possible :)