Wednesday, July 11, 2012

When did life become so complicated?
When did things begin to fall apart?
When did we start to resent things that happend to us? unjust things we had no control of?
When did our dreams and hopes die?
When did making a decision become so fearsome?
When did fear become such a powerful thing?
When did we begin to wonder what if?

The answer to that is quite simple really, as to the why...well who am I to say.
The answer is: "adulthood"

Talking to a friend I realized that when I was younger I had no "what ifs" floting in my head.
I was fearless, anything was possible! Everything I ever wanted or dreamed of could happen.
Sure I had  problems in my childhood, my mom (whom i adore) did marry 3 times..one of my stepfathers did cross his boundary with me as did another elderly supermarked owner I trusted and looked up to...but none of these things were my fault..none, were of my chosing. Growing up without my father present was also not my choice. But when I was younger it seemed like all of that could be fixed..like I could overcome all of that, most times I think I did. Makes me wonder though, if circumstances were different,  would I have made different choices?...and those are just the tip of the iceberg. When did I get sidetracked, and most importantly why did i get sidetracked?! Tough I know none of these things are to blame for the choices I made...but its always easier to blame something/someone for the screw-ups in our lives: the truth is once we are able to make decisions we have no one to blame but ourselves if things don´t go according to "plan."

I´ll leave u with this:



                                                                 "Devils & Dust"

I got my finger on the trigger
But I don't know who to trust
When I look into your eyes
There's just devils and dust
We're a long, long way from home, Bobbie
Home's a long, long way from us
I feel a dirty wind blowing
Devils and dust

I got God on my side
And I'm just trying to survive
What if what you do to survive
Kills the things you love
Fear's a powerful thing, baby
It can turn your heart black you can trust
It'll take your God filled soul
And fill it with devils and dust

Well I dreamed of you last night
In a field of blood and stone
The blood began to dry
The smell began to rise
Well I dreamed of you last night, Bobbie
In a field of mud and bone
Your blood began to dry
And the smell began to rise

We've got God on our side
We're just trying to survive
What if what you do to survive
Kills the things you love
Fear's a powerful thing, baby
It'll turn your heart black you can trust
It'll take your God filled soul
Fill it with devils and dust
It'll take your God filled soul
Fill it with devils and dust

[Harmonica solo]

Now every woman and every man
They wanna take a righteous stand
Find the love that God wills
And the faith that He commands
I've got my finger on the trigger
And tonight faith just ain't enough
When I look inside my heart
There's just devils and dust

Well I've got God on my side
And I'm just trying to survive
What if what you do to survive
Kills the things you love
Fear's a dangerous thing
It can turn your heart black you can trust
It'll take your God filled soul
Fill it with devils and dust
Yeah it'll take your God filled soul
Fill it with devils and dust


1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, i am very happy for the sharing. I want to share with everyone my favorite songs and I hear every sadness
    iphone Super Mario ringtone
    New Darth Vade ringtone

    ReplyDelete

Hi you´ve just read Jennifer Papps´post, please leave your name and comment after the click..... "CLICK!"
Thank you for coming and I´ll answer your comment as soon as possible :)